We do conduct courses for overseas college students who are interested to learn Teeline shorthand as a note-taking tool.
The course fee does not include accommodation. However, we can arrange for it upon request.
Target audience: overseas college students
Class size: minimum 20 students
Duration: 6 days
Timing: 9 – 5 pm
Frequency: 2 intakes a year
- Teeline theory
- Common words and vocabulary
- Word groupings
- Techniques on note-taking
- Speed building
If you require details of the above components, we will be pleased to send them to you on request.
A certificate for successful completion of the said course is issued to students at the end of the workshop.
Course fee: S$900.00 (includes books and handouts)
Registration fee: S$20.00
Learning outcomes 1:
At the end of the training, Teeline novices will:
- Acquire the fundamentals of Teeline theory
- Write Teeline for English common words and vocabulary
- Use sporadic shorthand for note-taking
- Know how to write new words and customise their own Teeline
- Experience the challenge as well as satisfaction of learning shorthand
Learning outcomes 2:
Continual practice and regular application will lead to successful mastery of Teeline and practitioners will be able to:
- Use Teeline as a useful note-taking tool
- Take notes more efficiently and effectively
- Expand one’s bank of shorthand repertoire
- Customise one’s own shorthand outlines for any word
- Listen and concentrate better
- Think and write faster
- Execute other activities meticulously and persistently
- Feel a sense of gratification from learning and using a new language, a skill for life